Tuesday Co-ed League
About the 2013 League
- The TCUL Summer Recreational League stresses sociability, learning, and
skill development, while providing the opportunity for competitive,
organized ultimate. You can expect more focus on winning than most pickup
games, but should also feel comfortable asking to play a role that's new
to you. TCUL Summer Rec league welcomes both novice and expert players
who are looking forward to playing and learning from teammates via an
organized draft/hat format. TCUL summer league lets you join as an
individual, rather than a whole team. A draft is held each year for
captains to form teams. Rankings provided by the players during
registration are used to balance the teams. The league is also co-ed,
with a 4:3 male:female format.
- League Fees are being determined.
- Fees include a wicking jersey.
- The Tuesday league starts May 14 and ends Aug 13. The playoffs will occur
during the last three weeks of the season.
- There will be no games July 2 due to the holiday.
- The Blaine fields are unavailable July 16.
As in years past, we will attempt to secure alternate fields.
- Please read and familiarize yourself with the
- Please consider joining the TCUL Facebook group for up to date changes and weather alerts.
You must have cookies enabled on your web browser for the registration system
Register and pay for the league online. Registration begins March 15,
2013. Payment will take place through Paypal but you do not need to have a
Paypal account in order to pay by credit card. We strongly encourage
everyone to ensure that they can login
the registration period.
Players should assign themselves a skill ranking from 1 (low) to 6
(high) in each of the following areas: Remember, these are ranks relative
to your teammates and competitors.
- Speed, quickness, endurance and jumping ability all
combine to form your Athleticism rank.
- How sharp your throws, and to a lesser extent, how far they
- Field Skills
- How well do you understand the game - offense and
defense, and transition.
League play will be occurring at the National Sports Center in Blaine,
There are a number of ways to get there:
View Larger Map
- From I-694, take 35W north to the 95th Ave exit. Follow 95th
west - this road turns into Radisson Road and turns north. Follow
Radisson Road to the stoplight at 105th Ave. Turn west (left) on
105th and travel about 3/4 mile. The fields are just north of
105th Ave across the street from the National Sports Center
- From I-694, take 35W north to Highway 118 West, to Highway 65
North (Central Ave), to 105th Ave NE. Turn east (right) on 105th
and take the first dirt road on your left (across the street from
the National Sports Center building complex.)