Frequently Asked Questions
- Why are we playing in Blaine?? It's sooo far away.
- Unfortunately, field space in the Twin Cities is difficult
to secure. Most of the parks in the metro large enough to
hold our 24 team Tuesday League (Nokomis, Bossen, etc.)
already have established softball leagues and cannot make
space for ultimate.
- What is up with the Men's Team League?
- In order to increase participation in the Men's Team Leage, we
decided to try running it on a separate night from the co-ed
leagues. We're also allowing partial team registrations and
- What if I don't get into the Thursday Advanced Co-ed
League---will I automatically be put in the
Thursday Advanced Men's Team League?
- No. We plan to alert people on April 16 whether they have
a spot in the co-ed league or not. If you do not get a
spot, you will be refunded.
- What about shirts for the Men's Team League?
- League fees do not include jerseys for the Thursday Men's League this
year. However you can order jerseys through our supplier with the TCUL
logo if you desire. Contact
email@example.com for info.
- I want to play with my friend. How can we sign up together?
- The registration includes an option to select a carpool buddy.
However, both people must select each other in order to
be placed on the same team. Selecting more than one person
is not allowed. It makes the draft more difficult and has
led to "stacked" teams in the past. We can only guarantee your draft
buddy if both people have a spot in the league prior to the draft.
- I've registered for the Summer Recreational (Tuesday) or Co-Ed
Advanced (Thursday) league. When will I know what team I'm on?
- We will be holding our drafts in late April or early May. Your
captains will contact you shortly thereafter. You may also
login to check your current status.
- I see that registration ends April 15. Is there any advantage to
Absolutely. Leagues spots are generally awarded on a first-come,
first-served basis. Most years the league fills (especially the men's
spots) before the registration deadline.
- How can I tell if I registered for the Summer Recreational league
early enough or if I'm on the waiting list?
We plan to alert people on April 16 whether they have a spot in the
Summer Recreational league or not. If you do not get a spot, you will
have the option to receive a refund or remain on the waiting list.
- Will I get the right size shirt this year?
- In order to receive our shirts on time we need to order them
before we know what team you'll be on. In fact, we need to order
them before registration begins! If you're easily be mistaken for Kerri
Akebono and need to ensure you receive the smallest or largest shirt you
can, please let your captain know before the first night of league.